Thursday, August 9, 2012

Norwegian drunk catnaps on a conveyor belt, Vietnamese Airlines gives models bikini's onboard, and packing advice for the Camino de Santiago

Quote of the Day
My Pic of the Day
(Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
I took this picture of a canal during drinks with friends.

TRAVEL NEWS
Current warnings for August '12

Be in the know on where to be careful when you go.

Tourist Falls Asleep On Airport Baggage Conveyor Belt, Goes Through X-Ray Machine

Look we've all been jet lagged and drunk at the airport and in desperate need of a cat nap. And now, thanks to a fellow drunk traveler, we all know that the conveyor belt is probably not the best place to do it.
VietJetAir, Vietnamese Airline, Fined For In-Flight Bikini Show (VIDEO)

You know I like to think I'm a pretty lucky traveler. I've been bumped up to first-class once, I've gotten some free drinks, and flights, but DAMN! WHERE'S MY IN-FLIGHT BIKINI SHOW?! Click the link to watch the video.

TRAVEL IDEAS
How to road trip like a rockstar

Everyone knows that I love a good road trip. This is a great Q&A to prepare for your South African voyage with play list suggestions, and how to handle the road alone.

Kayaking the biggest lake in the world

Situated between Canada and the US, Lake Superior is no joke in size, wave or wind. If you're expert enough to kayak this body of water (that acts more like an ocean) over 350mi wide and 1,300ft deep, you should read this article to learn the ends and outs. I need a few baby lakes to practice my paddling before I conquer this big daddy with Epic Adventures.

How to pack for the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage trail
Get you a walking stick, a bill capped hat, and a poncho before you start your voyage under the Milky Way. There are lots of good books and memoirs on the Spirit Trail, the only one I've so far is The Camino, by Shirley Maclaine. It's interesting to say the least, but good research for anyone planning to walk across Spain.

The Radar: A Weekend in Paris, Strange Hotels, Southern Road Trips

Boat and walking tours are among some of the ideas on how to explore Paris by Go Travel.


1 comment:

  1. I just have a blog some days ago,there don't have many good articles,I only want to read some good article from you,now your blog satisfy me,thank you !rubber conveyor belt

    ReplyDelete